Sunday, February 22, 2009

What's In A Name?

Many people have asked us how we came up with the name deliciousDESIGNS so I thought I would share our story. Both Michelle and I knew that we wanted a name that evoked hip and chic, yet also conveyed the fact that our outfits are, well, delicious! As in squeeze your kids because they're so darn cute in that outfit, delicious! We went through a whole list of name possibilities - we'll have to dig those out again soon for a little laugh! As we were in the midst of our search, Michelle happened to catch 'Live with Regis and Kelly' on TV. One of their guests on the show was Christian Siriano who had just been named the winner of Project Runway. As Kelly Ripa (could she be any cuter, by the way?) was interviewing him, she told him that his clothes were just so delicious! When Michelle told me that story and suggested that name, I knew that was it - I loved it and so did she. Thus, deliciousDESIGNS was born! One of these days, we'll get around to sending Ms. Ripa a fun little package letting her know she was responsible for naming our business!

No comments: