Monday, April 20, 2009

I Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way

So, my 3-year old daughter wore her black cat costume, complete with tail and cowgirl boots, to the mall today. Needless to say, we got a few stares, a few chuckles and a few comments along the way...all oblivious to Samantha as she bounced through the mall! People always say to me when they find out what I do, "That must be so fun to have all those cool clothes for your kids." I'd love to respond and say, "Yes, it absolutely is! My daughter adores them and wears deliciousDESIGNS every single day (editors note: like Michelle's daughters do!)." The truth is that Sam has a mind of her own and would rather create her own fabulous outfit herself. Sometimes this may include a deliciousDESIGN, but most often it's something similar to the look she's sporting in the picture below. Although, from time to time, she'll let me sneak a pic of her in a deliciousDESIGN. Here, Sam is wearing rodeoDRIVE from our Spring collection, and I personally think she looks pretty cute in both looks! She doesn't want anyone to tell her what to wear, how to wear it or when to wear it. I've learned that this battle simply isn't worth fighting anymore, and there are multiple occasions each week when I bite my tongue as I load everyone into the car. And, as much as I complain that I wish she'd wear our clothes daily, the truth is I wouldn't have it any other way. She is strong-minded and always knows what she wants, and I have grown to admire that in her little 3-year old body.

No comments: